Having A Party is a company that offers Melbourne marquee hire and other party rentals such as tables and chairs, catering equipment, heating, floor coverings and balloon hire. They cater to both individual and corporate events. The company website is located at www.havingaparty.net.au and below is a critique article of its website design.
To start with, here are the things I liked about the website:
- One of the best things about the site is the colour scheme. It does not use too many colours because the images make up for it. The background colour is solid white which complements the texts, the images and the thumbnails.
- The website uses the same elements all throughout the pages which gives it a consistent look. For instance, the titles have the same font while the links have the same orange colour which turns to gray upon hovering of the mouse. This similarity gives character to the website.
- The content is presented in a flowing motion which makes it easier to browse the site from top to bottom. Important information can be seen as a highlight while additional details are also provided in a separate section on every page.
- The website is easy to use because products and services are categorized accordingly. Since the company specializes in marquee hire, there is a specific page dedicated for information and other queries customers might have.
- One of the most notable things that are missing is the company logo. It would help tremendously with the branding of the business. It should adapt the same colour schemeas the website or the other way around. It helps customers easily identify the brand.
In conclusion, the website of Melbourne marquee hire company is professionally done with a minimalistic approach. It is easy to use regardless of the age of the visitor and the level of technical knowledge. It is not hard to browse through products because of the categories provided and information regarding marquee before rental can all be found on the website. There is also a contact number prospective clients can call in case they need more information.